A complete solution for employees and visitors access control
for an important Italian shipyard
A shipyard requested us a complete access control system to monitor the entry of:
- regular external visitors (subcontractors, loyal employees, etc.)
- non-regular external visitors (e.g., time-limited firms)
- visitors and participants in specific events
- registered vehicles through camera with license plate recognition for automatic bar opening
- unregistered vehicles
The client wanted to implement both HD and SW for attendance tracking, more specifically:
- 6 totem stations placed all around the shipyard
- a web portal
- a smartphone application
- “clocking in” via web or application could use Geo-Fence technology to identify and report any anomalies
- that the tools could provide calculation elements to facilitate payroll processing with a data approval workflow included
- that the recording of working/presence hours were broken down by job/construction or activity carried out
We suggested the use of GoPlanner TIME, GoPlanner ACCESS and GoPlanner VISITORS softwares, and provided physical barriers, totems and badge reading devices.
A “Self Reception” panel was installed at the front desk where visitors could check in independently, access the worksite and check out at the exit.
A company portal handled registrations, sent arrival notification to the contact person and provided temporary credentials.
The “Self Reception” took into account the acceptance of company policies and privacy information. Furthermore, suitable tag printing and badge configuration equipment were provided.
Access to the shipyard was organized exclusively through controlled gates that were interconnected.
Two pedestrian gates and one vehicle gate were installed, each equipped with state-of-the-art cameras featuring license plate recognition capabilities and the following functions:
- All three gates recorded the time of entry/access and the time of exit/end of access from the shipyards
- The system detected anomalies and sent an alert to the reception personnel if the same badge was used for multiple entries (without an exit)
- The system also sent alerts in case of multiple entries and exits on the same day
- Real-time images could be viewed at the reception area
Need a custom solution?
Ask our experts, they are here to support you.